If you have a motorhome as well as a car that you use for everyday purposes then there’s a good chance that you have them insured on separate policies. This makes sense since motorhomes and cars do require different types of insurance due to the different risks involved.
However what you may not be aware of is that it’s also possible to insure both your motorhome and car(s) together on what is known as multi vehicle insurance.
Multi vehicle insurance, also sometimes called mini fleet insurance, gives you a way to insure multiple types of vehicles under the same policy.
Benefits of multi vehicle insurance
- Save money – One of the main benefits of getting your motorhome and everyday insured on the same policy is that it might well save you money compared to insuring them separately. Of course this isn’t guaranteed since it will depend on a few factors, such as the value of your vehicles and the named drivers. However there is a good chance that multi vehicle insurance would work out cheaper.
- More convenient – Another big benefit of multi vehicle insurance is that it’s more convenient to have your vehicles on the same policy rather than insuring them separately. This not only makes it easier to manage paperwork but it’s also makes it a very quick and convenient process to make a claim.
Ways to save money
- Get a third party policy – If you want to keep costs to a minimum then getting a third party only policy is one of the best ways to do this. Although third party insurance only provides protection for other peoples’ vehicles it is a very reliable way to lower the cost of multi vehicle insurance.
- Get quotes from multiple providers – Another great way to save money on multi vehicle insurance is to get as many quotes as you can. Getting quotes from multiple providers is easier than ever to do and will ensure that you don’t overpay for a policy that you could get cheaper elsewhere.
- Pay annually – Another way to save money on your multi vehicle insurance is to pay for the policy upfront, on an annual rather than monthly basis. This might not seem like you’re saving money in the short term since you’ll have to pay more upfront but over the course of the year, you will be able to save a significant amount.